Winter Lecture Topics 2002 through 2009*
Eight Years of Exceptional Speakers and Breakthrough Topics
November 2002 to Spring 2003
- Defining the Risky Employee
- Why Appraisals are Unnatural for Managers: Appraising Performance
- Emotional Resilience in 2003: The Emotions of Difficult Times
Your Boss Doesn't Trust You?: Understanding the Multi-levels of Trust
- The Myth of De-Motivation: Update on Motivation in the Workplace
- America's Lottery: Winning Big Bucks by Having the Worst Judgement: Leadership Assessment
- A Trail of Shame
- The Corporate Campaign: What it is, Why it works .. (Guest speaker)
- Executive Facing Termination
Balancing Pressures and Needs of Work, Family, and Self
- Peering Into the Workshop
- Organizational Turnaround: Crisis Transformation (Guest speaker)
- Digging Deeper into Teams and Teamwork
- More Than Just 'the Blues' - Depression in the Workplace
- Imbedding Vision and Values: Part I
- Imbedding Vision and Values: Part II
- Executive Profiling: Highly Successful CEOs and Leaders
- Team Profiling: What Can Beat Your Team?
- Doing More with Less: Executing in Today's Workplace
- Somebody is Watching You: Using Your Observing Ego
- Joint Responsibility: When Two Leaders Need to Share a Job
- Do You Want to Get Better?
- Teaching Managers to See and Use the Hard Work of Soft Skills
- Patronage, "Nepotism", and other Staffing Anomalies: the Likely Organizational Impact (Guest speaker)
- Traps and Tools for Deciding as a Team?
- Patronage, ‘Nephewtism’, and other Staffing Anomalies: the Likely Organizational Impact
- Financial Derivatives and the Crash of 2008
- The Person Who Puts the Organization at Risk
- Bringing Freud to Fraud: Understanding the Mind of the White-Collar Criminal
- Managing Negative Emotions
- Assessing the Financial Crisis from a Legal Perspective, One Year Later
- Anatomy of an Adverse Drug Reaction – Drug and Nutritional therapy risk, a clinical perspective and applications in personal life.
- The Academy of Organizational & Occupational Psychiatry’s 21st Annual Meeting on Work and Mental Health
- Managing Negative Emotions, Part II
- Thriving in Tough Times
- Uncovering the Difference Between Surviving and Thriving
- The Dodd Frank Act in Comic Relief
- Madoff, Grey Markets, Regulatory Capture and Affect Script Psychology: A Synthesis of Ideas on Corporate Fraud from Law Enforcement, Economics and Psychiatry
- Getting Aligned, The Working Alliance
- Understanding the Unethical Executive
- "Executive Presence" - What is it?
- Coaching from Reality
- The Power of the Leader, Power and Authority
- The Euro Crises in the Context of the History of Currency Unions
*For more information on any of these topics, please contact us.
Morrison Associates Winter Lecture Series is a free symposium intended to encourage discussions on unique challenges of leaders from a variety of disciplines and perspectives. Please call 847-991-2260 or e-mail us for further information.